Metropolis Circuit Metropolis Circuit

I think you're gonna hate me for this review.

well this was a really awesome cartoon.

I really don't see any defects, and, as i'm sure lots of people told you, the animation is great (its unusual on newgrounds to see that quality), the character design is fun, the backgrounds are amazing, colors are very well picked ..... well well, I would almost say it's perfect.

BUT, and there is a terrible but.

I felt like I was watching a vinnie remake (a top quality remake, of course, but nonetheless). I don't really care whether this is your universe and you made it up before vinnie made his cartoons, or any reasons that could be behind it : I'm not trying to talk about plagiarism. It's just that creativity lacks a lot behind this movie.
The creativity in the style, that is (I'm sorry to say and I know you'll hate me for it) very anime. The creativity in the characters moves,and the whole cartoon itself was completely the same as the stuf you could see in vinnie's work(one of his early work had a girl and a guy race in some of his imaginary universe).

Anyhow, I wanna point out this is extreme quality, because I know I havent created any work that could compare to that, and I'm not trying to say I am more creative than you are, because it would be a lie. It's just that it's .... too bad ? to see so much talent put into something that really did not feel new at all, and it lost a lot of its magical touch to me because when watching, I felt I already saw it before.

Keep up the good work though, I'm looking forward to more of your animation, because it still is great witnessing skills such as yours. And I have hopes you'll find inspiration for something more unique, and appeal viewers with originality.

rtil responds:

vinnie is not an inspiriation of mine, sorry.

Barry's Plan Barry's Plan

]= wasnt as good

Im a big fan of your work cuz it's always been funny and random in some way (the good kinda random Im mentionning).

but that one wasnt as cool as the other one you've made. personally I liked the bloody cat best and in da forest.

even if you used real simple characters, it was awesome because I never expected what would happen.

well in the hopes that'll be useful for you, try to get the magic back ;D

TheBeagle responds:

Well this was more of a simple cartoon. The story was kind of simplistic and since there really was only one TRUE character it was kind of to make it super interesting....I mean Barry is a really interesting guy and all...but...with no other characters no real conflict.

King of Fighters Pt. 2 will come someday but not for a while. Bloody Cat is dead. In Da Forest is dead.

Dave the Hungry Dinosaur 2 is shaky and might not come.

BUT, don't worry. I will start getting back in the old habit of things soon. Laughs will be heard.

Glad you could give me some feedback.

RienLand RienLand

WOW

t'es un vrai ouf man ^^

ptin FRENCH PRIDE XD

haha arrête ca déchire tout ske tu viens de nous faire la, stait obligé que tu fasses frontpage ^^

sympa les bonhommes ils me rappellent qqchose....

en ts cas, super sympa tout ca, j'espère en voir plus !!!!

peha-fr responds:

// french strikes rulz !

the Boy... "Jade" the Boy... "Jade"

very good movie

I wasnt much into the animation and drawing quality
but dang, this must be the first time I actually shivered from fear XD
very very nice mood and getting into it was terribly well done

keep it up !!

StarDay: Sound of Dicks StarDay: Sound of Dicks

LMAO

dude, spacylizar, reed, ahahahah what a movie....

what a movie.

Sonic Halo Sonic Halo

dude

dude, sonic, and halo.
nothing happened in that movie.
the graphics were good but thats it.
I kept on pressing the forward button in the hopes to see some animation.
well I kept on pressing it till the end of the movie.
too much talking D;

better luck next time (:

The Random Shorts Collab The Random Shorts Collab

collab collab

hmmm well I must say I clicked on the link with a positive atitude and the flash did deceive me.

YET I dont think you should take it bad and have pple tell you that you suck : learn from your experience (:

you guys should try having some quality animation ALL THROUGH the movie or at least a story line, or original concept.

by that, I mean the basic guy on NG wants to witness at least one of these qualities on a flash on front page ^^
so, you guys should impose a few rules, rather than just having "random" shorts. some rules just like "no white BG" because these are truly awful ;p
you should forbid some gags as well like the falling objects or the shooting, because its been done in every previous collab.

and dudes, collabs are made to improve, so remember, strive for one thing : always do your best ^^

cuz Im convinced some people in there couldve done stuff a whole damn lot better than that

Madness Consternation Madness Consternation

slow mo time

graphics : real good, madness style
story : really confusing even tho I guess the story of this movie isnt the point.
animation : awesome job buddy

now the thing is that this movie is running reaaaaaaal slow. at first I wondered if my comp was lagging, but when setting the quality to low, it didnt change a thing.
these dudes are moving way too slow. this is supposed to be an action movie, let it be pure action ;o
dude, how long did the guy take to push that button in the elevator ?
and when one of his opponents comes up with a knife, he wouldve had wayyy enough time to slay him if they all werent so slow.

that kept me from watching the whole thing ];
real good stuff man, just do something bout the way they move next time (:

btw, congrats on the #1

Darim Saga: Episode 3 Darim Saga: Episode 3

on purpose ?

this was hilarious

keep it up man XD

Spinister Spinister

awesome spam

great grahix and music, first time i enjoy portal spam

lmao

Spinister responds:

i should have edited the audio so it looped perfectly but whatever// okay thanks!!